Individual Health Insurance Louisiana
Open Enrollment for 2021 Health Insurance is Open
To enroll under expanded Medicaid for Louisiana please call 800-318-2596
We offer health insurance in the New Orleans and Metairie area, as well as any part of Louisiana.
The Department of Health and Human Services will open a Special Enrollment Period from February 15, 2021 – August 15, 2021
Nearly everyone with a marketplace health plan can seek more financial help. Many uninsured Americans and people who buy their insurance elsewhere can also benefit.
Here are two key points about the upcoming SEP:
· You do not need to qualify for this SEP. Anyone eligible for Marketplace coverage can enroll or change plans.
· You can enroll any time during the month and receive a coverage effective date that is the first day of the following month.
TWFG Landeche Insurance is well aware that you value your health. Whether you are covering your whole family or just yourself, you need a Landeche insurance agent to personalize the policy to your specific needs. Under our Individual Health Insurance policy we offer:
- Major Medical Individual Insurance: insurance policy that covers more cost
- Short Term Medical if you missed open enrollment or the cost is higher then you can afford.
The dates for the 2021 Open Enrollment for individual health insurance are November 1, 2020 and ends on December 15, 2020. However, there are some exceptions that would allow you to get coverage outside of the Open Enrollment dates, such as having a new baby; losing group health insurance coverage at work; moving to an area outside of your current service area; as well as many others.
The tax penalty will not be enforced. As of Jan. 1, 2019, that means if you don’t have health insurance in 2020, you won’t owe a tax penalty when you file your 2020 taxes in 2021. That said, if you go without any insurance, you will be paying for healthcare out of pocket. If you can not afford health insurance because you don’t qualify for a subsidy a Short Term Medical might be a good fit.
You may also be able to qualify for a Government Subsidy to help pay for your health insurance. The amount you can get depends on your family size and income. Contact us and we would be happy to check to see if you are eligible for a subsidy and provide you with an estimate on how much that subsidy might be.
If you cannot get a government subsidy and can’t afford health insurance for you and your family you may be able to enroll in medicaid.
Insurance companies cannot refuse coverage for pre-existing conditions. They also cannot charge you more for health problems. You can get Individual Health Insurance now even if you were refused in the past because of health problems. It would be first day coverage so if you get an effective date of 2/1/2021 the plan would pay for your medical needs even if you have been or being treated for a health problem.
All plans have to cover the basic Essential Health Benefits but not all plans will be the same. Some plans will offer more benefits so it is important that you talk with an independent insurance agent about all of your choices.
Please let me know if you have questions about our health insurance providers or need a health insurance quote. Call us 24/7 at 504-228-7184.
Book an appointment
Why you should sign up with us:
1. Help with any problems with the health market place. (I will need to call them once to authorize us to speak on your behalf.)
2. Fill out appeal forms and help you with the whole process if an appeal is needed, a process that is very time consuming
3. upload any documents the health market place is requesting.
4. We will address any other problems you may have in the year.