Individual Health Insurance Louisiana
Open Enrollment for 2018 Health Insurance is closed
To enroll under expanded Medicaid for Louisiana please call 800-318-2596
Landeche Insurance Agency is well aware that you value your health. Whether you are covering your whole family or just yourself, you need a Landeche insurance agent to personalize the policy to your specific needs. Under our Individual Health Insurance policy we offer:
- Major Medical Individual Health Insurance: insurance policy that covers more cost
- Short Term Medical if you missed open enrollment or the cost is higher then you can afford.
- GAP Insurance if you need to fill in the gaps what your insurance doesn’t cover.
The dates for the 2018 Open Enrollment for individual health insurance were November 1, 2017 and ended on December 15, 2017. However, there are some exceptions that would allow you to get coverage outside of the Open Enrollment dates, such as having a new baby; losing group health insurance coverage at work; moving to an area outside of your current service area; as well as many others.
You may also be able to qualify for a Government Subsidy to help pay for your health insurance. The amount you can get depends on your family size and income. Contact us and we would be happy to check to see if you are eligible for a subsidy and provide you with an estimate on how much that subsidy might be.
If you cannot get a government subsidy and can’t afford health insurance for you and your family you may be able to enroll in medicaid.
Insurance companies cannot refuse coverage for pre-existing conditions. They also cannot charge you more for health problems. You can get Individual Health Insurance now even if you were refused in the past because of health problems. It would be first day coverage so if you get an effective date of 4/1/2015 the plan would pay for your medical needs even if you have been or being treated for a health problem.
All plans have to cover the basic Essential Health Benefits but not all plans will be the same. Some plans will offer more benefits so it is important that you talk with an independent insurance agent about all of your choices.
Please let me know if you have questions about our health insurance providers or need a health insurance quote. Call us 24/7 at 504-228-7184.
Book an appointment
Why you should sign up with us:
1. Help with any problems with the health market place. (I will need to call them once to authorize us to speak on your behalf.)
2. Fill out appeal forms and help you with the whole process if an appeal is needed, a process that is very time consuming
3. upload any documents the health market place is requesting.
4. We will address any other problems you may have in the year.